I loved the hair looks at the S/S '10 Costello Tagliapietra show during NY Fashion week! Thomas Dunkin and his Sebastian team this time created a ‘40s inspired faux bob that was feminine and elegant yet also playful and not too “done”.
To put a modern twist on a ‘40s staple, Sebastian Professional lead stylist Thomas Dunkin recommends a method of building texture and shape with techniques that keep the hair looking soft, romantic and not too “done.”
3) Spray hair with a flexible hairspray for added texture, section hair, curl it with a medium-sized barrel curling iron and set.
5) Apply Microweb Fiber to hands and gently work through the front of the hair to create an imperfect, lived-in effect. Finish by misting with a strong-hold hairspray.
· Texturizer – Flexible bodifying liquigel for bendable texture ($15.95)
· Microweb Fiber – Elastic texturizer for malleable, touchable texture ($18.95)
· ReShaper – Brushable, humidity-resistant strong hold hairspray ($16.50)
· Shine Define – The ultimate versatile hairspray for shine and flexible hold ($15.95)
*Images courtesy of Sebastian Professional
Like this feature? Keep up with all our beauty news, reviews and features as they happen by following us on Twitter!