I'll be taking a few days off from the blog for the Thanksgiving Holiday here in the U.S., but wanted to share some of the beauty-related things I'm thankful for!
1. My Palacinka Beauty Blog readers! You're the best and always make me try that much harder to find beautiful, amazing, innovative beauty products/services/stores and write about them in a way that will educate, inspire, delight and (sometimes) surprise you!
2. Creme de la Mer - The original cream. The foundation. The body exfoliator. The Hydrating Mask. The Essence....You get the picture :)
3. Ojon Products - These are fantastic hair products which really work to hydrate, condition and repair hair. They also smell incredible, are amazing for ethnic and curly/straight/wavy hair - and now for the body too. The company also give back to indigenous people from the country where they source the ingredients for the products, in Central America.
4. Neil Morris Perfumes - Neil is one of the best, most talented (and charming!) independent perfumers that we have here in America - Hands down.
5. Vogue Italia (and Vogue Russia) Magazine - True I can't actually read much of these magazines, but with all the turmoil in the U.S. publishing industry in 2009 resulting in many of my favorite magazines shutting down, The Vogue Italia & Russia editions have consistently produced issues which show how to (stylishly) and playfully push the boundaries for what fashion can communicate, what cosmetics can do and new ways of expressing glamour. I do hope that their future is bright in 2010 and can't wait to see what direction they go in.
6. Sephora - The first store location I ever went to is still one of the largest - in Paris on the Champs Elysees . I had wide eyed wonder, excitement and joy from the moment I stepped in years ago. Years later it continues to do so as they expand their store presence, catalogues and their online presence as well. - RLB
I'll still be doing some beauty tweets over the holidays - so don't forget to FOLLOW ME on Twitter!