So at first glance you might say - these are pretty but...where would I exactly wear these?
Well, I said the same thing, but after trying shu uemura Mini Star Glitz False Eyelashes on recently I fell in love and think that if you really want to make a statement with your lashes (keeping your other makeup fairly subtle) these are perfect for holiday parties, big bashes and even red carpet-worthy events for those of you who attend them!
The Mini Start Glitz lashes are part of the Tokyo Lash Bar line and these lashes are meant to be applied on the outer edges of your lash line. The give a really pretty, shiny, jeweled effect on your lashes, while still feeling extremely light and perfectly natural on your lashes. I love that the shade is not quite a black, but rather an indigo blue as well. I also think the mini stars are just adorable and I really did get a lot of compliments on them.
I had an sales associate apply them on me the first time, and I highly recommend that you also use the Shu Uemura glue and slant tweezers, as I had a very easy time replicating the application using them at home. The lashes are also easy to remove and I didn't rip any of my own lashes out either!
If you are a pro at applying false lashes by yourself, then read the directions below, (provided by Shu Uemura). - RLB
Go-->shu uemura Mini Star Glitz False Eyelashes
- gently curl the lashes with an Eyelash Curler,
- using slant tweezers, gently peel off the False Eyelashes from the plastic platform,
- soften the band of False Eyelashes to give it a curve. if the False Eyelashes seem to be too wide for your eyes, adjust the width by trimming the outer corner,
- apply a few drops of Eyelash Adhesive to the bottom edge of the False Eyelash,
- wait 5-6 seconds for the Adhesive to begin to dry,
- apply the False Eyelashes along upper lash line working from the outside corner of the eye inwards,
- wait for the adhesive to dry completely before applying makeup.