For this beauty report, I'll focus on the makeup looks at Michael Kors Fall/Winter 2010 Collection. As always, Michael gave the models clean, sophisticated looks, and his inspiration for this collection was the theme of "All American".
The looks were created by Dick Page, Shiseido's Artistic Director. He wanted a luxurious look for the eyes - but with a modern subtlety, along with a warm flush of color on the cheeks and beautiful soft pink lips with a creamy matte texture.
To get this pretty look, which is perfect for daytime, office or traveling, and can be adapted for any skin tone, Dick has provided a step-by-step guide below! - RLB
· Blend together the Accentuating Color Sticks in Bronze Flush (S1) and Glistening Flush (S3) to create a warm, bronzy shade; then apply the color all over the eyelids.
· Then brush the Luminizing Satin Face Color in High Beam Gold (BE206) over the eyelids to create a “halo” of color.
· Next, use a fluff brush to apply the dark-bronze shade from the Shiseido Makeup Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio in Opera (GD804)* along the upper lash line and up through the crease, following the natural eye shape. A large fluff brush was then used to diffuse the color.
· To line the eyes, take the charcoal shade from Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio in Fire (OR302)* and slightly dampened the edge of the shadow for intensity. Using a small liner brush, use the damp charcoal color to line two-thirds of the upper lash line and the full bottom lash line.
· Then, use the dark-bronze shade from the Shiseido Makeup Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio in Opera (GD804)* to blend over the lash lines to soften and diffuse the color.
· For the upper lashes, gently curl the lashes with the Shiseido Makeup Eyelash Curler and then applied a coat of the Shiseido Makeup Perfect Mascara Defining Volume in Black (BK901)*.
*The Shiseido Makeup Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio and the Shiseido Makeup Perfect Mascara Defining Volume will be available September 2010.
· Apply a wash of Shiseido Makeup Dual Balancing Foundation over the face and along the jaw line.
· Apply a mix of Shiseido Makeup Luminizing Satin Face Colors in High Beam White (WT905) and Soft Beam Gold (BE206) along the cheekbones and slightly under the eye area to create a highlight.
· Next, apply a combination of Shiseido Makeup Luminizing Satin Face Colors on the apples of the cheeks, depending on each model’s skin tone. Shades used: Tea Rose (RS302), Orchid (RD401), Petal (RD103), Carnation (PK304) and Shell (GD809).
· Apply Shiseido Makeup Perfect Rouge Lipstick in Caramel (BR333)* with a soft fluff brush and then diffused the color.
*The Shiseido Makeup Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio, The Shiseido Makeup Perfect Rouge Lipstick and the Shiseido Makeup Perfect Mascara Defining Volume will be available September 2010.