"Soft and Sensual" describe the beautiful hair looks at the Sophie Théallet Fall/Winter 2010 runway show, created by Antoinette Beenders, lead stylist for Aveda.
I think this is another look from this season's shows which any woman can easily recreate, and perfect for a evening look in particular.
Says Beenders, “The Sophie Théallet hair look for this season is soft, tousled, and romantic—a mélange of country girl and princess. Hair is loosely pulled back and twisted into a textured, slightly teased ponytail with long wisps of hair framing the face.” Beenders used Sophie Théallet's collection, which is inspired by folklore, as her starting point. She wanted to take it's sweet feeling and rough it up with some texture and tousled volume.
Note: You'll also see a cool version of this look for short hair that was created for top model Sessile Lopez, (shown below).
If you're look to recreate this look for your everyday life, according to Theallet, start out by prepping hair with Aveda Volumizing Tonic™ and tease the crown with Aveda Pure Abundance™ Hair Potion.
Then pull hair back into a half-up ponytail and twist it to the left, securing with pins before pulling it into an elastic. Create another ponytail with the remaining hair directly below it.
Finally, combine the two ponytails by pinning them together behind the left ear. Sprinkle Aveda Pure Abundance™ Hair Potion through the length of the ponytail and set the look with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray.”
Here are the detailed steps to get the runway look:
1. Prep damp hair with Aveda Volumizing Tonic™ for volume and shine, massaging it into roots. Blow-dry hair at half speed.
2. Create a deep side part and separate the fringe and hair around the face.
3. Sprinkle Aveda Pure Abundance™ Hair Potion into the rest of the hair for matte texture and tousled volume, massaging it into the scalp.
4. Slightly backcomb hair at the crown, using a wide-tooth comb to create a textured, distressed look. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray for maximum hold.
5. Pull hair into a low, loose, half-up ponytail and secure with an elastic band, leaving the fringe and front wisps loose.
6. Divide remaining bottom half of hair into right and left sections. Backcomb the right section and twist it over the ponytail elastic. Secure hair just to the left side of the ponytail using hair pins.
7. Take the remaining left section of free hair and create another loose ponytail behind the left ear. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray.
8. Combine the two ponytails by pinning them together behind the left ear. Sprinkle Aveda Pure Abundance™ Hair Potion liberally through the length of the ponytail and tousle with fingers to create texture. Finish the look with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray.
AVEDA PRODUCTS USED: Aveda Volumizing Tonic™, Aveda Pure Abundance™ Hair Potion, Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray (launching in June 2010)
Images courtesy of Aveda