One of my favorite beauty looks at last night's 2013 Academy Awards was none other than gorgeous, talented "Scandal" and "Django Unchained" actress, Kerry Washington.
She wore a very unique jewel-embellished Miu Miu gown in coral and simply lit up the red carpet!
I've gotten all the details on her makeup and hair looks from celebrity makeup artist Carola Gonzalez for Lancome and celebrity hairstylist Takisha Sturdivant-Drew for Moroccanoil. Take a look below....
Gonzalez used the embellishments on the dress as her inspiration for a radiant, natural look with just a hint of color on the eyes and the cheeks.
Giorgio Armani Maestro #10
Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer #11
Lancôme Blush Subtil in Brilliant Berry
Lancôme Color Design 5-Pan Shadow & Liner Palette in Sienna Sultry
Lancôme Hypnôse Star Mascara
Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro 202
Lancôme Rouge in Love in Rose Boudoir
When Sturdivant-Drew saw the amazing goddess gown that Kerry was wearing, she knew that her hair had to be long and classic.
To complement the elegant design, Sturdivant-Drew highlighted volume and movement in the hair look, letting it flow down and behind the shoulders. She also added touch of fullness at the sides, and flattering height at the crown to emphasize a soft modern mood.
- First Kerry’s hair was shampooed with Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo and Moroccanoil Extra Volume Conditioner.
- Next she added Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse to large sections for soft volume, emphasizing the root area. Since Kerry’s hair is naturally curly, she straightened it first by blow drying with a comb attachment. I then went back and blow dried different sections of the hair for added volume at the root.
- Using a 1½ “ curling iron, she created large, loose S-waved sections, starting at the nape and working up to sides and top.
- After sectioning off the top and back of the hair, she teased the crown and sides for lift and volume, then combed over the hair lightly and brought it back down.
- To hold the style without any stiffness, she sprayed on Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong from about 3” away. This product works really well for this look because it’s so lightweight, won’t flake, and it holds the hair while allowing it to move. - RLB