Have you given up on finding a natural deodorant that both smells great AND works to stop bad odors?
LAVANILA The Healthy Deodorant Fresh Vanilla Lemon is a fantastic option, and just in time for summer. This creamy stick deodorant goes on slightly wet, and dries to a fine dry powder. (Note: For best results I covered my entire underarm area well, but took care not to use TOO much, (as it can leave some white residue on clothes if you do, but this does come off easily).
The Fresh Vanilla Lemon scent is subtle, but uplifting and perfect for warmer weather. The combination of vanilla with lemon is sweet/tarte, but in a very clean, fresh way - think an "airy" version of lemonade. Since this is a deodorant, it does not prevent perspiration, but it does effectively block odor.
LAVANILA also carries this line of deodorants in small travel sizes, so that is an option to take with you in your makeup bag if you need to touch up on very hot days. - RLB
Go-->LAVANILA The Healthy Deodorant Fresh Vanilla Lemon 2 oz
*This product was provided courtesy of LAVANILLA PR for reviewing purposes.
Our friends at the hot L.A. and Tokyo-based MARS the Salon have given us great tips to share with you on how to create two nail art looks inspired by the recent 2013 Billboard Music Awards red carpet. - RLB
You can create a nail look that take a cue from Selena Gomez's sleek white gown which made a statement with pops of neon color.
- File your nails into desired shape.
- Apply nude or white polish as base coat. Using a precision brush, start at the base of the nail and draw straight lines to form a “V” shape with desired neon color.
- Alternate “V” shape from starting at the base of the nail to starting mid-nail.
- Apply top coat for added shine.
Miley’s head-to-toe checkered jumpsuit look definitely turned heads on the blue carpet. These nails have all the same fun details!
- To create this look file your nails into desired shape.
- Using white nail polish, draw a “half moon” shape at the base of the nail and fill in color to the top.
- Using a precision brush, apply gold litter polish along the dividing “half moon” shape. (Add gold rhinestones for added wow factor!)
- Use precision brush to draw horizontal and vertical lines on white section of the nail, alternating between gold glitter and black polish.
- Apply top coat for added shine.
*Images provided courtesy of MARS the salon.
mark is taking us on a Moroccan adventure this summer with their latest Nailed It duos!
The limited edition Marrakesh Mini Nail Lacquers duo is such a pretty departure from the normal pinks, oranges and reds that tend to dominate the summer nail polish landscape this time of year.
Saffron (pictured on the right, above) is a true, shimmery opaque pale gold with two coats. Mint Tea (pictured on the left, above) is a stunning shimmery pale green with two coats.
The formula is creamy and easy to coat the nail beds with the short brushes. I got about 4 days of wear with a top coat before chipping.
As you can see from the second picture, the shades on the nails are shimmery but soft, so they act as a new alternative to a traditional pastel. Since they are mini sized (0.09 fl. oz. each), these are also what you'll want to throw in your weekend bag when you go out of town this summer.
I loved using the Mint on my fingers and the saffron on my toes, and also mixing one coat of mint tea with a coat of saffron over it for a golden-green effect. Let your imagination take over with these. Plus they're only $7! - RLB
Go-->Nailed It Trend Marrakesh Mini Nail Lacquers
*This product was provided courtesy of mark Cosmetics PR for reviewing purposes.